Tuesday, February 23, 2010

I (Leslie) agree wholeheartedly...

"...with Pat's recommendation of Under This Unbroken Sky by Shandi Mitchell.  Spanning one year in the life of a Ukrainian immigrant family, the author, in simple, but beautiful prose, describes their seasonal successes and struggles to establish a homestead in Canada after fleeing their mother country.  I found myself repeatedly trying to cross off some to dos yesterday, but kept returning to its pages and finally crumpled my list, grabbed an afghan and read until I was finished.  Very high marks from me on this one - worth the price of a hardback and also available on Kindle."
"I also found Before You Know Kindness by Chris Bohjalian and again recommended by Pat very thought provoking.  Would probably be a great read for a book club."

No comments:

Post a Comment